Vince Lombardi famously stated; “Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do thing right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
At RCI, we believe excellence and safety are synonymous with winning. Just like winning, you are not safe and you do not achieve operational excellence every once in a while; It is a continuous and never-ending pursuit. RCI has documented our core behaviors and philosophies critical to maintaining our Safety and Operational Culture in our RCI 360 program.
Our Zero Injury Pledge is only attained through inexhaustible dedication and attention to our principles outlined in RCI’s 360 Culture.
3 Elements of a Professional (PRO)
- We are always building the team with the right people. The right people buy into the culture, are competent, and take ownership of their work & community.
- A team made up of the right people could not be successful, unless the right tools, equipment, processes and systems are in place to allow them to achieve success.
- There is no value without opportunity. However, we must plan and develop to ensure we are ready to make the most out of every opportunity that comes our way.
6 Foundational Habits
- Stop When Unsure
- Do not proceed in the face of uncertainty, we hold each other accountable to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Hazard Recognition
- Actively recognizing and mitigating potential hazards in our work in order to prevent incidents. We analyze the tasks, inspect the jobsites, perform behavior-based observations, and report near misses.
- Integrated Team
- Getting the team on the same page through clear and effective communication for each project to achieve our common purpose: Delivering quality work, done safely.
- Performing all duties with focus and clarity, recognizing that safety is ultimately a matter of safe behavior.
- Our leaders are accountable for ensuring our team is ready for each project and task at hand. Mentally and physically fit for duty and prepared with the right tools, training, equipment, and PPE.
- Continually striving for excellence, we focus on analyzing data, performing investigations, analysis and delivering training to ensure we are setting the highest standards in performance.
0 Injury Pledge
No injury is acceptable. Our goal is to send every worker home every day in the same condition as when they arrived.